Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
Tennessee, we’ve got you covered
No-cost or low-cost health coverage from UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. Learn about UnitedHealthcare Medicaid health plans we offer in Tennessee.
Helping people is at the heart of all we do
All Tennesseans deserve affordable health care, including you. At UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, we help people live healthier lives.
We offer many plans to help Tennessee residents get healthy — and stay healthy. We cover adults, people with disabilities, expecting moms and children in Tennessee with our TennCare Medicaid plans.
See why Tennesseans choose UnitedHealthcare
Whatever plan you choose, UnitedHealthcare will help you get the care you need.
- Large variety of network providers
- Low- or no-cost prescription drugs
- Well visits, routine shots
- Dental and vision services
- Transportation to medical appointments
Watch the video at right to learn more about UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Tennessee.
It’s your health. It’s your choice.
Everyone deserves affordable health care, including you.
Working adults, people with disabilities, pregnant women, and children who qualify for Medicaid should check out UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
We have the Medicaid benefits and extras that can make a real difference in your life. All at no cost to you.
- Preventive checkups, shots and lab tests
- Routine shots that help protect against illness
- Transportation to and from doctor appointments for adults
- 24/7 NurseLine to answer your health questions
Sometimes, you might need a little extra help. Get extras not covered by Medicaid.
- Earn rewards for keeping you and your baby healthy
- Coaches, supplies and medications to help you quit using tobacco
- Earn gift cards for getting preventive services
- Support and treatment to reach a healthy weight
We also offer resources to help you make the most of your plan. Including:
- Mental health services
- Care management
- Population health services
- Health education tools
Visit tn dot gov slash tenncare for more information.
Helping you live a healthier life.
We are here for you, Tennessee
Remember to choose UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
And get the Plan that gets you more.
To learn more about UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, visit UHCCommunityPlan.com forward slash TN.
Tennessee health plans as low as $0 cost
TN Medicaid Plans:
- No- or low-cost
- Pregnant women and children
- Low-income individuals with families
- Well and sick care
TN Dual Special Needs Plans:
- Those qualifying for both Medicaid and Medicare
- More benefits than Original Medicare
- Healthy Food benefit
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
Medicaid: More for you in 2023
Our TennCare Medicaid plan offers a range of benefits. Children, pregnant women, adults and people who are elderly or have a disability may qualify based on income. View the benefits below to see all that our TN TennCare Medicaid plan offers.
This plan is available wherever you live in Tennessee.
Get things like:
- Well and sick care
- Pregnancy care
- Care for conditions
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage
- Hearing coverage
- And much more with UnitedHealthcare Community Pan of Tennessee
Tennessee CoverKids provides free, comprehensive health coverage for qualifying children age 18 and younger and pregnant women. It covers preventive health services, doctors visits, hospital visits, vaccinations, well-child visits, developmental screenings, mental health and pregnant women get prenatal, delivery, postpartum care. Children also get vision and dental care.
Dual Special Needs Plans in 2023
Tennesseans on a UnitedHealthcare Dual Special Needs Plan (or dual health plan) get many extra benefits beyond those you get with either Original Medicare or Tennessee Medicaid.
- A monthly credit to buy healthy food and OTC products or pay utility bills
- $0 copay on covered generic and brand-name prescriptions including home delivery
- An allowance for covered types of preventive and comprehensive dental
Behavioral health is as important as physical health. That's why we have the same coverage for both.
Required care is 100% covered with no copay. This includes:
- Mental health treatment
- Substance use treatment
Well and sick care
Get the support you need to stay healthy — or to get better if you are injured or sick. Pregnant moms also get extra support to keep you and your baby healthy. Member benefits include:
- Well visits — Preventive checkups, shots and lab tests
- Healthy First Steps® — A program to help you and your baby stay healthy
- 24-hr. NurseLine — Speak with a registered nurse 24/7
- Shots and Vaccines — Routine shots help protect against illness
- Testing — Lab tests and x-rays are covered
Nothing is more important than the health and well-being of you and your baby. That’s why our TennCare Medicaid plan benefits include:
- Choice of doctor — Find an OB/GYN you trust in our network
- Prenatal visits — Care for you before your baby is born
- Healthy First Steps® — Get extra support and rewards to keep you and your baby healthy
- Choice of birth centers — Pick from hospitals across Tennessee
- Wellhop for Mom & Baby — Connect with a community of moms to get support and information as you welcome your baby
Vision, dental and hearing care
Make sure sight, teeth and hearing are the best they can be. Benefits include:
Vision: Covered with limits, not covered for pregnant women age 19 and older
For children under age 19, vision services are limited to:
- 1 vision exam (including refractive exam and glaucoma testing) per calendar year
- 1 set of lenses (including bi-focal, tri-focal, etc.) per calendar year
- 1 set of eyeglass frames every 2 calendar years
For pregnant women age 19 and older, vision services are limited to:
- Medical evaluation and management of abnormal conditions and disorders of the eye
- The first pair of cataract glasses or contact lens/lenses after cataract surgery are covered
Dental: For children under age 19 only, not covered for pregnant women age 19 and older
Hearing: Annual hearing screening, hearing aids are limited to 1 per ear per calendar year up to age 5, then 1 per ear every 2 years thereafter
TennCare Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) programs
TennCare CHOICES in Long-Term Services and Supports (or CHOICES for short) is for adults age 21 and older with a physical disability and seniors age 65 and older.
CHOICES offers services to help a person live in their own home or in the community. These services are called Home and Community Based Services or HCBS. These services can be provided in the home, on the job or in the community. They help with daily living activities and allow people to work and be actively involved in their local community. CHOICES also provides care in a nursing home if needed.
If you think you need long-term services and supports, call us at 1-800-690-1606. We may use a short screening that will be done over the phone to help decide if you may qualify for CHOICES. If the screening shows that you don’t appear to qualify for CHOICES, you’ll get a letter that says how you can finish applying for CHOICES.
Employment and Community First CHOICES (ECF CHOICES) is for people of any age who have an intellectual or developmental disabilities to live and thrive in their own community.
ECF CHOICES offers services to help people live and thrive in their own community as independently as possible. These HCBS can help with activities of daily living, employment supports and independence skills training. ECF CHOICES also offers services to help people with complex medical or behavioral support needs and families who are caring for their loved one.
If you think you need long-term services and supports and would like to apply for the ECF CHOICES Program, you can refer yourself or your loved one by here
Learn about plan types
TN Medicaid (TennCare) is health insurance for people with low incomes. You might be able to get Medicaid in Tennessee if you’re pregnant, have children or live with a disability. In some cases, other adults also may qualify. Costs to you are low and based on your ability to pay. It’s important to know that Medicaid rules and coverage differ from state to state.
Dual Special Needs Plans (DSNP)
Dual Special Needs Plans (also called dual health plans or D-SNPs for short) are for people who get both Medicaid and Medicare. Dual plans cover doctor visits, hospital stays and prescription drugs. They offer more benefits and extras than Original Medicare. You’ll keep all your TennCare Tennessee Medicaid benefits, too.
This link is being made available so that you may obtain information from a third-party website. This link is provided solely as a convenience and is not an endorsement of the content of the third-party website or any products or services offered on that website. We are not responsible for the products or services offered or the content on any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. We do not make any representations regarding the quality of products or services offered, or the content or accuracy of the materials on such websites.